Irene Su, M.D., M.S.C.E.
Compassionate and thoughtful are key words that describe Dr. Irene Su’s approach to caring for patients. She is deeply committed to helping each of her patients undergo a safe and well-supported journey of growing their family. Dr. Su is bilingual in English and Mandarin Chinese. She has special interests in fertility preservation and caring for medically complex patients.
Dr. Su graduated from Stanford University and earned her M.D. from Albert Einstein College of Medicine. She completed her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology and fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the University of Pennsylvania. Prior to joining Reproductive Partners Fertility Center – San Diego, Dr. Su was a faculty member at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. Dr. Su is currently a Professor in the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences at the University of California, San Diego and is the Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Fellowship Program Director. She is board certified in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility.
In addition to her clinical activities, Dr. Su is a reproductive epidemiologist who leads state-of-the-art research efforts on improving reproductive health in young women with cancer. Dr. Su has published in the fields of fertility preservation, oncofertility, breast cancer, contraception and menopause. She has an active laboratory at the University of California, San Diego. She is the recipient of the American Cancer Society Mentored Research Scholar Award, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Career Development Award and the American Society of Reproductive Medicine/Ortho Women’s Health Research Grant. Dr. Su has also received numerous research and teaching awards. Providing clinical care, conducting research and educating the next generation of reproductive endocrinologists all contribute to her ultimate goal of improving patient care.
Dr. Su enjoys finding good eats, reading novels, spending time with her family, and traveling home to Taiwan.
RPSD has found the perfect balance: honest but tactful and caring, doing what is best medically without ignoring their patients’ emotional needs.
– Former Patient
- M.D., Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- M.S.C.E., University of Pennsylvania
- A.B., B.S., Stanford University
- Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Pennsylvania
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, University of Pennsylvania
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Professor, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of California San Diego
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Fellowship Director, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of California San Diego
- Instructor, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, University of Pennsylvania
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- American Medical Women’s Association Janet M. Glasgow Achievement Citation
- Resident Teaching Award for Excellence in Medical Student Education, Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Pennsylvania
- Resident Research Award, Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Pennsylvania
- American Society of Reproductive Medicine In-Training Award for Research
- American Society of Reproductive Medicine Prize Paper Award