T. Mike Hsieh, M. D.
Dr. T. Mike Hsieh’s focus is on male infertility. He works closely with his patients to identify the cause, and provides an individualized treatment plan that best addresses the specific needs of the couple.
Urologist and Male Infertility specialist T. Mike Hsieh, M.D. is a Clinical Professor, Urology, at the University of California, San Diego. With the addition of Dr. Hsieh, Reproductive Partners Fertility Center – San Diego (RPSD) becomes the first center in the region to directly address and treat male infertility on site.
In addition to Male Infertility, Dr. Hsieh specializes in Hypogonadism, Erectile Dysfunction, Peyronie’s Disease and Sexual Dysfunction. His ongoing research includes projects on Male Infertility, Testicular Functional imaging, outcomes of Penile Prosthetic surgery and Hypogonadism in patients with chronic pain.
At UC San Diego, Dr. Hsieh partners with an oncofertility program. His role is to help male patients preserve their fertility before undergoing cancer therapy. Under his direction, the program offers advanced sperm retrieval techniques for fertility preservation with a goal of establishing a sperm cryopreservation bank.
Dr. Hsieh graduated from Emory University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology and Chemistry. After earning his M.D. at the University of Vermont College of Medicine, he completed his urologic residency at George Washington University Hospital and his fellowship training in Male Reproductive Medicine and Microsurgery at Baylor College of Medicine.
Born in Taipei, Taiwan, Dr. Hsieh is fluent in both Taiwanese and Mandarin.
Anyone who has had difficulty in your fertility journey should visit RPSD. They really care and want the best.
– Former Patient
- M.D., University of Vermont, College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont
- Urology, George Washington University, Washington, DC
- National Cancer Institute Research Resident
- Male Reproductive Medicine and Microsurgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
- Freeman Foundation Research Fellowship
- American Board of Urology
- The American Urologic Association
- American Society of Reproductive Medicine
- Society of Mail Reproduction and Urology
- Sexual Medicine Society of North America
- Clinical Professor, Urology, University of California, San Diego
- Director, Men’s Health Center, UC San Diego Health